Winter is a peculiar season with acute cold temperatures that fall well below freezing point in most parts of the world. keeping homes warm is a challenge, however, the greatest challenge in winter is how to keep the body warm and comfortable.
To keep you warm, comfortable and safe, several companies are in the market selling electric blankets to keep you warm in bed, but how safe are you when using this device? At
http://warmelectric.com/, you are at home with the best company that puts your safety first, however, you are at home with the best company that puts your safety first, that’s why you need to consider safety measures if you are considering investing on an electric blanket.
Electric blanket Dos
- The first step in safety consciousness is to buy your blanket from a reputable store, and ensure that it has safety mark from an authorized regulatory agency.
- Avoiding the temptation of rushing into plugging your new device and start using it right away, relax and spend some time to read the manufacturer’s instructions before using it.
- Check your blanket often for signs of wear and accidental damage.
- To avoid an accident, use the blanket for the purpose the manufacturer plan: over blanket must always be positioned over the person on the bed. While the under blanket must always be under the person on the bed.
- Washing the blanket must conform with the manufacturer’s instructions, and safety tips to avoid damage and accident when used after washing.
- Examine the blanket properly for likely damage that might occur during transportation. Also, make sure you replace damaged fuse with compatible one to avoid electric damage to the blanket
Electric blanket don’t
- Avoid using the electric blanket when folded, because it makes get over heated due to layers over each other.
- Is dangerous to touch the electric blanket with wet hands or feet, it may lead to serious electrocution.
- Pins and other metallic materials are conductors of electricity, so don’t use pins and other metals to hold the blanket in place.
- Don’t use electric blanket for someone whose medical condition is insensitive to heat, or helpless persons and infants, it may get too hot in the process, and cause serious burn on them
- Keep electric blankets, kids, unless its temperature is preset at a certain range.
- It is not advisable to use on adjustable bed especially the under blankets, because it may be hooked with the bed hinges.
Electric blankets are good companions in winter if you adequately keep the simple thumb rules, enjoy the warmth of and comfortable money can buy by using an electric blanket, yet you can stay away from likely accidents if you can observe simple guide that will keep you safe while using your new device.
Selling a second-hand car can be a stressing task especially when you do not know the value of the car in question. What exactly do factor in so that you do not overprice or underprice that car you intend to sell? The following factors determine the resale value of a car:
1) Brand. The brand of your car determines its resale value in a big way. Some brands are known to depreciate fast once they hit the road while others retain their value for a long time. Some luxury brands such as Mercedes, Infiniti and Audi can keep 45-60% of the value for three years.
2) Interior condition. Most buyers prefer a car that has a clean interior, and that is free of odors. Contract a professional to clean your vehicle thoroughly so as to attract higher prices.
3) Exterior condition. Outer appearance is of concern to many people when buying an old car. You should maintain your cars exterior and retain its shape if you want to bargain for higher prices. The paint color is also another factor that potential customers will consider. Some of the most common colors are white, black and gray and most people prefer them because they are readily available. Keep your car in good shape, and with no paint, peel offs before you start client search.
4) Performance parts. The performance parts refer to equipment such as stereos, rims, and kits. Having custom rims and latest stereo system grants you a chance to bargain for higher prices. Most customers also consider the cost of maintenance that comes with that car. If your vehicle has obsolete or low-quality add-ons, it is likely to attract a low resale price.
5) Mileage. The car’s mileage is a big concern for most customers as it determines the level of usage. Your car might be in a mint condition but still, scare away potential buyers due to high mileage. Average people drive for about 12,000 and 15,000 miles every year. More than 100,000 miles is a red flag to most buyers as it is most likely that the car will experience mechanical problems very soon.
6) Mechanical condition and maintenance history. Potential buyers demand the service and maintenance history before purchasing a pre-owned vehicle. In face to face business, the customers may carry out a test drive. Regular and timely servicing fetches your motor vehicle a high price.
The above factors will determine the resale value of your car. Professionals such as http://www.autobookie.co.uk/ will give you the best quote for your vehicle.
Everyone needs a self storage service once in his life whether you are relocating from one place to another or moving your home, or renovating your home. All these issues can lead you to take the help of the self storage units. These self storage units can be used to store anything which is legally allowed by everyone. So, if you are thinking of taking the help of self storage units, you can visit http://www.smartlockstorage.com for more information. These self storage units come with many benefits such as:
No long term contract: There is no contract needed for using the services of self storage units. You can use it for a single day as well as for few months depending upon your needs. You only need to provide the management with a 14 days’ notice in order to vacate your goods or things from the storage unit. There is no limit on the number of days for which the unit can be used to store the goods.
Easy payment options: These self storage units provide you with the easy payment options regarding the payment of the service taken from them. They also offer monthly installments to remove extra pressure and burden from your shoulders. You can easily make payment online without visiting their office to pay rent which is quite a hassle free process.
Same day move in: They also provide the facility of same day move in if you happen to be in a kind of emergency. You can instantly select your unit size depending upon the need.
Storage timing: Storage timing differs from company to company. Many of the storage companies offer 24 hours storage facility while many other storage companies offer the storage timing from 8:00 – 18:00 depending upon the timing of their staff. The timings may differ on Saturday or on public holidays.
Controlled access and entry: Each of the tenants is provided with a unique code or tag that is required to access the storage. This code or tag acts as a key to unlock your storage. All the entries and exists of the tenants are recorded digitally in the real time which can be used for future reference if any problem arises later.
Your locks and your keys: These companies ask you to use your personal locks and keys to lock your storage unit. This makes you the person responsible for locking and unlocking the storage as only you have the keys that can unlock your storage unit.