For each and every type of saw tool, blades are required. A saw is a tool that consists of tough blade, chain or wire along with a hard edge. It is mostly used to cut the wood. Many carpenters use this tool to cut down the wood and wooden things and to provide them proper finishing. The efficiency of this tool depends entirely on the sharpness of its blade. The more sharpen the blade is, the more quickly you can cut the material with it. There are different types of saws and saw blades available nowadays. To know about different types of saw blades, you can visit Saw Blades Only.
Types of saws
Information about different types of saws is listed below-
- Hand saws – Hand saws generally have a thick blade to cut the material easily. To cut the wood pieces into different shapes, woodworkers and carpenters make use of this tool. Hand saws are easy to handle and use.
- Mechanical saw – You need to put your extra efforts in carpentry if you are using mechanical saws. Mechanical saws come in different types. Circular saw is a mechanical saw that has the abrasive blade or disc to cut down different materials by using rotatory motion spinning. Circular saw is used for cutting materials like wood, metal, plastic and masonry.
Different types of saw blades are designed to cut different materials. You have to choose the blade according to the type of material you need to cut.
- Standard circular saw blades – These saw blades are used for cutting wood and wood composites. You can determine the speed, finish and type of the cut with the number of teeth. Saw blades that have few teeth cut the wood faster and saw blades that have more teeth provide a finer finish.
- Turbo rim blades – These blades are diamond blades with serrated rim that is used for cutting materials like concrete and bricks. These blades provide aggressive cutting. Some turbo rim blades are used for dry cutting only while some are good for both dry and wet applications.
- Continuous rim blades – These blades are also called diamond blades. They are specifically designed for the materials like slate and tiles. These blades provide a clean finish after cutting the material. Some work for dry cutting applications while some for wet cutting applications.
- Segmented blades – These blades have diamond edges and a rim that is divided by the gullets. These blades cut the materials very quickly. They can easily cut materials like concrete and bricks. These blades are sharper than other saw blades.
- Abrasive blades – These blades are used for cutting the materials like concrete, brick or metal. They don’t have the teeth like diamond blades. They cut with abrasive material like silicon carbide or aluminum oxide.
If you are having a saw tool and you want its blades to be sharper for years, you should clean the saw blade properly after every use. You should be very carefully while cleaning it otherwise you can get hurt.